Nobody pays a dollar a day upfront for anything anymore! Not in a world of free trials and free business groups and free everything, where the real business starts once you're inside and the upsells begin. That was the belief sitting in my head before I launched MIB, after five years building NWM Business and 12 years of Business - coaching people one on one. I built a new Skool community with no free tier, no upsells, everything included, one price, paid upfront. I genuinely did not know if anyone would say yes.
I had spent five years learning what people would pay for. Coaching calls. Courses. Programs with a ladder of offers waiting at each stage. I knew that model. I had built a living from it.
So walking away from it to try something simpler, something that asked people to trust me before they had even seen what was inside, felt reckless some days and obvious on others.
The doubt didn't show up as one dramatic moment of fear. It showed up in small ways. Checking the numbers too often. Rehearsing what I'd say if it flopped. Wondering if a dollar a day sounded like a bargain or like a red flag. Wondering if the people who already knew me, the ones who had done my coaching, would be the only ones who ever joined.
Then one evening I was sitting with my phone, refreshing the member list out of habit more than expectation. A new name appeared. I didn't recognise it. I clicked into the payment details and saw they had chosen the annual option, not the monthly. My stomach did something strange. This person had never spoken to me. Never sat in a coaching call. Never seen my face on a stage or heard my voice on a podcast. They had looked at what I built, read what it offered, and decided it was worth a full year of their trust before they had even met me.
I sat there for a minute just staring at the screen.....grateful.
Then it happened again. Another name I didn't recognise. Another sign up.
That was the moment the doubt cracked open. Not the launch. Not the first sale from someone who already knew me. It was strangers choosing this on the strength of the thing itself, with nothing else to go on.
It felt like doors opening at exactly the pace I was walking. Nothing rushed, nothing forced. Just steady, in step with what I was actually ready for.
It will be a year on August 5th 2026, and MIB is sitting at 92% Engagement and 96% retention. Those numbers matter. But they are not what changed in me.
What changed is simpler than any number on a dashboard. I trust the platform now. I trust the model, the one I once wasn't sure would work. And more than that, I trust myself to keep going, to build without needing constant proof before I take the next step.
I am riding the wave toward 200 members next goal.
I am sharing this because the doubt was real, and the sleepless checking of numbers was real, and the fear of building something really different after five years of doing it one way was real too.
This isn't a highlight reel of results. It's what it actually looked like to not know, to build anyway, and to watch strangers decide I was worth trusting before I had decided it myself.
Now I host a brilliant online community which has also expanded into Women in Business Networking events in Perth, Online Business Coaching and Business Retreats in Perth and I couldn't be happier.
Dedicated to your success, Janine
Find out more at: Midlifers In Business Website

No comments:
Post a Comment